Wednesday 20 October 2010

Hair.

I tried using the hair and fur modifier to give the model some realistic looking hair.
I originally thought that it was impossible to style hair in 3DSMAX, but I soon discovered it was possible. However, the tools are a little crude, and don't really give the result you want. It seems that if you style one side of the head, it affects the other side, and this goes for brushing, cutting and scaling the hair, which was rather annoying. I kept thinking one side was done, and was looking good, only to discover the other side now looked like someone had gone wild with a set of clippers and mauled my hair.

Hair only renders in perspective views, which was another pain, as it distorted my model.
Here's some screenshots of me modelling the hair.



No comments:

Post a Comment