Thursday 21 October 2010

Complete Model.

Here is a few images of the complete model, with and without hair.
I tried to get the hair to work as well as I could with the model, however, I found it extremely tricky to be able to style the hair correctly. The tools didnt seem to want to do what I wanted them to do at all. I ended up trying to style the front, and the tools ended up styling the front and the back at the same time, which was annoying as I had to go back and adjust the back, then the front, then the back again etc.

As you can see, the haior colour is also off. This was another aspect I found tricky to get right. You are supposed to be able to model tip and root colours, however, neither seemed to have a great effect on the result, and this was the best colour I could come up with, without my hair looking black or grey.

As for the model itself... well I'm relatively pleased with it, but it could be alot better. I think it bares some resemblance to me, but I don't think people would know it was me if they weren't reading my blog!
Im happy with the Face Map, however. Spending time in photoshop, and using skin from various photos paid off, and it gave me a realistic looking texture. I included my hairy neck, which if you know me you'll have noticed! This ties in really well with the hair modifier on the back. I actually quite like the model with hair from a rear view!

I think I may tinker with the map a little bit though, to get it looking more like me. At the moment, I think my eyebros are sitting too high for a start! I don't like the eyes either, but I'm not sure how I can get them to look more like my own eyes. Currently, my model looks quite shocked due to the eyebrows and eyes.!

Here are some renders of the model. Hair only renders in a perspective view, which is another thing I don't like about 3dSMAX. It makes my model looked distorted and stretched. My nose looks pointy, which it isnt in the regular views.
Anyway, here they are!...






No comments:

Post a Comment